Categories
dearborn high school famous alumni

yaser abdel said amina said

"Even after 12 years of frustration and dead-ends, the pursuit for their killer never ceased. Saids now- ex-wife and Sarah and Amina's mother Patricia Owens, addressed Said following the verdict. Also arrested were Islam Said (brother of the victims) and Yaser Said's brother. He faces an automatic life sentence if convicted because prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty. Said was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list on December 4, 2014. He was eventually apprehended in August 2020. Yaser Said sat emotionless, holding a finger to his ear to listen to the disturbing audio. Their bodies were later discovered inside his cab, parked outside of an Omni hotel. The relatives were identified by the Dallas FBI as Said's brother Yassein and his son Islam. Said goes to trial for Capital Murder in May. She told jurors about a conversation she had with a frantic Amina the day of the murders. Police records also indicate Saids daughters made accusations that he was sexually inappropriate with them. Thanks for contacting us. DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) Yaser Abdel Said, a capital murder suspect wanted in connection with the homicide of his two teenaged daughters Amina and Sarah, was taken into custody without incident today in Justin by the FBI's Dallas Field Office. Trial begins in fathers alleged honor killing of two daughters in Dallas, fatally shooting his two teenage daughters. Said, who was placed on the FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted List in 2014, is accused of murdering his daughters, Amina, 18, and Sarah, 17. Investigators believe he was taking them to. Sarah Said and Amina Said were allegedly shot to death by their father in what prosecutors have described as 'honor killings. Jurors also saw the orange taxi cab where she and her 18-year-old sister, Amina, were found shot to death. Yaser Said, on the other hand, testified in court, claiming that he deeply loved both his daughters and that he was only on the run from law enforcement as he believed it wasn't a fair trial. My dad shot me. By Posted sevier county septic records In patton state hospital rn salary More than 58 people are expected to be called to testify, including the girls' mother as well as local and federal investigators and experts on Muslim culture. Yaser Abdel Said, one of FBI's most wanted fugitives - YouTube Yaser Abdel Said, Who Has Been on FBI's Most Wanted List Since 2014 Since that night, the members of the Irving Police Department and our partners with the Dallas FBI, have tirelessly pursued justice for Amina and Sarah,' said Irving Police Chief Jeff Spivey. The sisters had become very scared for their lives, and the decision to leave was made after Yaser Said put a gun to Aminas head and threatened to kill her, Black said. Most of the gold ends up in a processing plant 16 kilometers away run by a company owned by the founder of Russia's paramilitary Wagner Group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, a close friend of Russian . The girls' aunt, Connie Moggio, broke down on the stand as she identified autopsy photos of her nieces. Prosecutors present a 911 call from the moment on Jan. 1, 2008, when Yaser Said allegedly murdered his two daughters in a Dallas courtroom during his trial on Aug. 4, 2022, In a 911 call presented to a Dallas courtroom this week in the trial against Yaser Abdel Said, who is accused of killing his two daughters in 2008, one of his daughters can be heard frantically telling police, "I'm dying.". For a full comparison of Standard and Premium Digital, click here. Im not scared of you, she said. One of the pivotal moments of the capital murder trial surrounded a 911 call placed by Sarah Said after the shooting, where she told dispatchers, my dad shot me, with her dying breaths. - Listen to Unlawful: A True Crime Podcast instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed. His son, Islam Said, and his brother, Yassim Said, were subsequently convicted of helping him evade arrest. A true-crime podcast retelling the cases of victims that are often overlooked. (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth). Yaser Abdel Said - Wikipedia Said, a taxi driver, drove the girls in his taxi that evening. "Whats going on maam?" Said answered questions from Patton and Black through a translator. 911 Calls Detail Dying Moment, Grisly Find - ABC News The 'Crime Junkie' podcast sheds light on the horrific abuse Amina and Sarah Said were subjected to, which culminated in their honor killings. Said was said to be controlling, and prosecutors claimed he felt he was losing his grip of control over his family. Authorities found the girls riddled with bullets inside their fathers cab, which was parked outside a hotel in Irving, Texas. Some family members said that the girls were victims of honor killings because their father thought they had brought shame to the family. You took my life. Said was placed on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list in 2014. Said's defense argued Owens' story had changed so much over the years that she was close to becoming a suspect herself and also claimed police were fixated on blaming a Muslim man for the killings instead of looking at other potential suspects. Owens testified that "part of" her knew what her husband was capable of doing to her daughters while "part of" her did not. Police arrested his son and brother for helping Said. The Associated Press contributed to this report. 'They're becoming too American': Ex-wife of captured 'honor killings Yaser Said, Accused Of Killing Daughters In 2008 'Honor Killing My client has told me from the start that he didnt do it, said Brad Lollar of Dallas, one of Saids attorneys, after the verdict. offers FT membership to read for free. A $10,000 reward was being offered for his arrest and indictment in the deaths of Amina Yaser Said, 18, and Sarah Yaser Said, 17. Yaser Said allegedly invited his daughter to a meal at Denny's before killing them. I knew the threat was real," Trotter told WFAA. Delivering their closing arguments Tuesday morning, prosecutors referred to Saids testimony during which he denied having a role in his daughters shooting deaths as absurd, according to the outlet. schneider funeral home mt vernon in obituaries amina and sarah said funeral. Throughout the investigation, federal agents and Irving police believed other members of Yaser Saids family had assisted and communicated with him. Since his arrest, Said has been in the Dallas County Jail. Furthermore, Amina Moreno, Joseph Moreno's lover, was murdered by her own father, Yaser Abdel Said. "On January 1, 2008, the Irving Police Department opened a murder investigation after two young girls were found shot to death. Yaser Said's son gets 10 years for concealing father from arrest Details. Yaser Said showed no emotion as Judge Chika Anyiam announced the verdict from the Dallas County jury, which took about four hours on Tuesday to reach a decision. Yaser Said 'honor killings' trial: Daughter in 911 call tells police After 12 years on the run, Amina and Sarah will finally have justice! Ex-wife slams 'devil' Texas father Yaser Said over 'honor killings' of Saids three public defenders argue this was a botched police investigation fixated on a Muslim man in a post-9/11 world full of Islamophobia. He was on the FBIs 10 Most Wanted list. Islam Yaser-Abdel Said, the 32-year-old son of FBI "10 Most Wanted" suspect Yaser Said, pleaded guilty in January to one count of conspiracy to conceal a person from arrest, one count of concealing a person from arrest, and one count of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding. - Lyssna p Unlawful: A True Crime Podcast direkt i din mobil, surfplatta eller webblsare - utan app. I am so scared right now. The girls were found shot to death in their father's taxi on . Im dying,"she told the 911 operator. The sisters had become "very scared for their lives," and the decision to leave was made after Said "put a gun to Amina's head and threatened to kill her," the prosecutor said. On the night of the murders of Amina and Sarah Said, cops reportedly received a call from one of the sisters. Yaser Abdel Said, 65, of Lewisville, was found guilty of capital murder in the deaths of Amina Said, 18, and 17-year-old Sarah Said. Amina and Sarah Said were fatally shot by their father, Yaser Said, on New Year's Day, 2008. . Trial begins for Texas taxicab driver accused in "honor killings" of I'm dying, I'm dying!". At the time, Irving police said the motive for the murders was unclear, but they believed Said was upset by his daughters' teenage behavior and relationships. Aminas boyfriend testified that she "knew she was gonna die" when she reluctantly went home on New Year's Day. Based on an investigation by the Irving Police Department, on January 2, 2008, a Capital Murder-Multiple warrant was issued for Said's arrest. The capital murder trial of Yaser Abdel Said, a 65-year-old cab driver from Lewisville accused of murdering his two teenage daughters in a purported "honor killing" continued Thursday in Dallas with the girls' mother taking the stand. The potential key piece of evidence was admitted on day two of testimony, despite objections by the defense who previously cautioned jurors their expert will later testify that the 17-year-old victim may have been hallucinating after being shot nine times when she named her father as her shooter. Yaser Abdel Said, 65, was found guilty of the 2008 capital murders of his daughters, Sarah Said, 17, and Amina Said, 18, according to the Dallas Morning News.The Dallas County jury returned a guilty verdict on Tuesday following about three hours of deliberations at the end of . OK, well, as you know, were not allowed to date, and my dad is arranging my marriage. This story was originally published August 9, 2022, 11:13 AM. Yaser Said has entered a not guilty plea. All signs point to Yaser Said, period, Black said in her closing argument. You are nothing.. Authorities are searching for 39-year-old Francisco Oropesa in connection with the killings of five people, including an 8-year-old, in Cleveland, Texas. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. On Monday, Said took the witness stand and denied shooting to death his daughters. Who hid and protected Texas honor killer Yaser Said for 12 long years DALLAS A man whoevaded arrest for more than 12 yearsafter being accused offatally shooting his two teenage daughtersin a taxi parked near a Dallas-area hotel was obsessed with possession and control, a prosecutor said Tuesday during opening statements ofhis capital murder trial. Although he never took the fall [] On the night they are killed, Amina is sitting on the front-seat passenger side and Sarah was in a back seat. Try full digital access and see why over 1 million readers subscribe to the FT, Purchase a Trial subscription for 1 for 4 weeks, You will be billed 65 per month after the trial ends, The Big Dig: Germany reopens its mines in quest for mineral self-sufficiency, Singapore deepens US defence ties despite Chinese financial inflows, Long-lived rivals: actuaries say Biden and Trump are not too old for office, Inflations legacy hits European households even as price growth ebbs, Chinas local governments stuck with bill for neighbourhood surveillance, Charlie Munger: US banks are full of bad commercial property loans, JPMorgan to acquire First Republics deposits as US regulators step in, JPMorgan, Citizens and PNC submit bids for First Republic, Disney uses Ron DeSantiss own words against him in free speech lawsuit, Deutsche Bank plans to beef up investment bank advisory team, Investors bet on shrinking pool of tech stocks as rally narrows, Totals chief tells investors European listing to blame for oil groups trading discount, FirstFT: The second-biggest bank failure in US history, US approach to financial regulation is set up to fail, China, America and why not all growth is equal, Labour has leverage to carry out private equity tax reform, The costs of entrenched high inflation cannot be ignored, A gruesome episode tells a painful story about corporate Japan, Inside the elite British college for the worlds best nannies. Irving Police Department/ Facebook A Texas father one of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives wanted. Also arrested were Islam Said (brother of the victims) and Yaser Said's brother. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. "Her look was in fear, she didn't look like she wanted to be there," said Amina's boyfriend Edgar Ruiz. You may change or cancel your subscription or trial at any time online. Lollar said Said would appeal the verdict. WFAA is quoting the letters as he wrote them, with misspellings. But, Black said, in another act of control and manipulation by Said, he told them he had changed and convinced them to return home. Home; Service. Jurors also heard an e-mail written by Amina to one of her teachers. On August 21, 2008, a federal Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution warrant was issued by the United States District Court, Northern District of Texas. Patton, the defense attorney, said that in moments of extreme trauma, like being shot multiple times, people can have hallucinations. Defense attorney Joseph Patton said in opening statements that the evidence would not support a conviction, that police were too quick to focus on Said and suggested that anti-Muslim sentiment played into that focus. Im dying. "I'm dying. Yaser Abdel Said was captured at age 63 on August 26, 2020 after being on the run for more than a dozen years. 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Pakistan arrests man in honor killing of teen daughter who rejected arranged marriage, Indian woman murdered, dumped in suitcase by parents for marrying a man from different caste, Ex-wife slams devil father over honor killings of daughters for dating American boys, Honor killings trial starts for Texas father accused of gunning down daughters, Biden advised to debate Trump with fact checker present, Woman has 'loud, full body orgasm' in the middle of LA concert, Meghan Markle's ailing dad says he refuses 'to be buried by her' in 'final ever' interview, I have a micropenis this is how I break the news to sexual partners, Madonna seen with canceled biopic star Julia Garner in unfiltered pics, F1 driver Fernando Alonso continues to add fuel to Taylor Swift rumors, BDSY star Daisy Kelliher tells drunk Gary King to stop flirting with me, NY Post Sports Reporter Zach Braziller breaks down the Knicks game 1 loss to the Heat, Elon Musk Tells Bill Maher Woke Mind Virus Is Dangerous On Real Time, Kim Kardashian seemingly shades Kourtney's wedding in now-deleted caption. About a week before the sisters were killed, they and their mother fled their home in Lewisville to Oklahoma to get away from their dad, who worked as a taxi driver, Black said. Amina Said was shot twice, and Sarah Said was shot nine times. The Texas man accused of murdering his teenage daughters as part of an alleged 'honor killing' has been convicted. Texas man who lost wife and son in shooting shares story, NYPD officer Troy Patterson dies 33 years after being shot in robbery, Supreme Court to hear case that could curb power of federal agencies, The weirdest items passengers leave behind in Ubers, MasterChef Australia host Jock Zonfrillo found dead at 46, Justice for Sarah and Amina Facebook page. This undated photo provided by the Irving (Texas) Police Department shows Yaser Abdel Said. All rights reserved, a 65-year-old cab driver from Lewisville accused of murdering his two teenage daughters, Trial of Yaser Said Accused of Killing His Daughters Enters Second Day, Jurors Hear Victim's Chilling 911 Call in Trial of Man Accused of Killing Daughters, Testimony Begins in Trial of Former Most-Wanted Fugitive Accused of Killing His Teen Daughters, Trial Begins for North Texas Man Accused of Killing His Teen Daughters, 14 Years Later, Jury Seated in Trial of Man Accused of Killing His Teen Daughters, Trial Begins for Lewisville Man Accused of Murdering His Daughters in an Honor Killing', In August 2020 Said was arrested in Justin, Mark Cuban Says He's Losing Nearly 1,000 Twitter Followers a Dayand Paying $8 for a Blue Check Hasn't Helped, FAA Sued Over SpaceX Starship Launch Program Following April Explosion, Dallas Officer, K-9 Partner Reunited; Body Cam Video of Shooting Released, This 28-Year-Old Ignored Warnings About Job-Hopping and Doubled Her Salary to $186K in 5 Years, Dallas Retailer Tuesday Morning is Going Out of Business; Liquidation Sales Coming Soon, Post-Military Life Can be Challenging for Texas Veterans and Their FamiliesThese Resources Can Help, Yaser Abdel Said, 65, is accused of killing his teenage daughters in 2008 in what prosecutors have called an "honor killing.". Earlier in the trial, Patton told the jury that Said was targeted as the suspect because he is a Muslim. When Islam Yaser Abdel Said entered a guilty plea and was sentenced to 10 years in prison in June . Slain Lewisville teens buried while dad is on the run - Chron The girls' mother and Said's former wife, Patricia Owens, testified in court, claiming that Yaser had been an abusive father and husband since the beginning. Prosecutors claim Said's daughters made an outcry that he'd sexually abused them and had touched them inappropriately. Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the Settings & Account section. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more. No one else was involved in this. Said entered a not guilty plea Tuesday and faces an automatic life sentence if convicted. Said allegedly killed his two daughters Amina . Said spent six years on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List before he was arrested in Justin in August 2020. After the sisters were found fatally shot in the taxi, police contacted the taxis registered owner, who said Yaser Said had been driving the taxi for the past 10 days, according to an affidavit for an arrest warrant. An emergency dispatcher received another call about an hour later from an Irving motel. My dad said I cannot put it off anymore, and I have to get married this year.. Additionally, Said asserted that he only wished to take his daughters out to dinner on the night they were brutally murdered. He was on the run from law enforcement with the help of his son and brother. Their father, Yaser Said, remained a fugitive for nearly 12 years and even made it to the FBI's most wanted list until he was finally arrested in 2020. If convicted of capital murder, he would automatically be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. You may also opt to downgrade to Standard Digital, a robust journalistic offering that fulfils many users needs. Man sentenced for harboring man suspected of killing daughters Stop it.". Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. For over a decade, he hid one of the FBI's Most Wanted. We all want to respect the lives that they lived and the lives that they lost. The film furthers speculation the girls' father objected to his daughters living an "American lifestyle.". He was finally arrested in August 2020 in Justin, about 35 miles northwest of Dallas. First published on August 26, 2020 / 5:56 PM. I could see a young lady who had her eyes fixed open and there was stuff coming out of her nose, said Watson. When the girls were in high school, they took up jobs at a Kroger grocery store, where Owens also worked, at which point they met two boys named Eric and Edgar who would eventually become their boyfriends. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. He was arrested without incident. Amina Yaser Said (1989-2008) - Find a Grave Memorial the operator asked. It took 12 years to track down Yaser Abdel Said - Sportskeeda Where Is Joseph Moreno Now? Amina Said Boyfriend - Is He Still In Texas My kids were my world.. But in an act of manipulation, claiming he had changed, He got them to come home, Black told jurors last week. Oh my God. Help, the younger sister could be heard crying on a 911 recording. In closing arguments Tuesday morning, defense attorneys continued their argument that the investigation into the shooting deaths of the girls was botched, noting that authorities lacked evidence such as DNA or fingerprints. Justice is not convicting an innocent man, defense attorney Joseph Patton told the jury Tuesday morning. Sarah, the youngest, managed to call 911 in her final moments and named her father as the shooter. Day two of testimony ended with a former crime scene investigator who wheeled in a cart full of evidence including the bullet-riddled cab seats, shell casings and projectiles found throughout the car and photographs showing a shell casing found on Aminas shoulder. [14] Said was later convicted in 2022 of capital murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Police allege these were honor killings committed by an abusive, controlling and possessive father who was angry his daughters dated outside their culture and had left home recently. We want to thank our partners at the Irving Police Department for working with us to apprehend this dangerous individual.". He drove them to Irving, where he allegedly shot both girls inside the taxicab. Yaser Abdel Said, 65, is accused of killing his teenage daughters in 2008 in what prosecutors have called an "honor killing." Said spent six years on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List before he. Black said the sisters, both high school students in Lewisville, dreamed of becoming doctors, and that Yaser Said grew "angrier" as they grew up and became more educated and independent. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Im dying! After arriving in America, he became a taxi driver and would use his car to spy and eventually murder his daughters . The death penalty is not an option in this case. 3. 'Heroic' Dallas police K-9 helped save partner as both were shot, chief says, AT&T Stadium is hosting a job fair for military and veterans this week, DFW weather: Warming temps and storm chances this week. Said's brother Yassein. After 12 years on the run, Amina and Sarah will finally have justice! FINALLY: Amina and Sarah Said's Vicious Brother - Geller Report Ruth Trotter's years of dedication helped lead to the recent capture of Yaser Said, the man who murdered his two daughters in an act of honor violence in 2008. Owens also testified that she made her daughters recant their statements to police and dropped charges against her husband after they returned home to Said. Said was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list on December 4, 2014. Owens had dated his younger brother when she was 14 for "five or six months" before she met Said and got permission from her parents to marry him. Hours before the bodies of the teens were found, Yaser Said picked up his daughters, saying he was going to take them to dinner, and never returned home, according to the capital murder warrant obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The Egyptian-born suspect had been sought on a capital murder warrant since the New Year's Day 2008 fatal shootings of the two Lewisville High School students, Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18. Patricia Owens called her ex-husband Yaser Said the "devil" for allegedly murdering their two daughters at his trial in Dallas on Aug. 4, 2022. Patricia Owens confirms a photo of herself at age 14, a year before she married her former husband, Yaser Said, when he was 29. And he controlled everything in his household.. "Help. The death penalty is not an option in Yaser Said's case. Premium access for businesses and educational institutions. Amina and Sarah Said (courtesy: Justice for Sarah and Amina Facebook page), a capital murder suspect wanted in connection with the homicide of his two teenaged daughters Amina and Sarah. Im dying, I'm dying," his youngest daughter, Sarah, says in the 911 call. The call recording was played in court during their father's capital murder trial in 2022. 22 likes, 0 comments - Steph C. Martinez (@stephmnews) on Instagram: "Abajo en espaol A taxi driver wanted on suspicion of murdering his teen daughters has be." The girls mother, Patricia Said, fled with both girls in the week before their killings because she was in great fear of her life, police said. After the fatal shooting in 2008, Said fled the scene, Said took the witness stand and denied shooting to death his daughters, Said was a fugitive on the FBIs 10 Most Wanted list. CBS News Texas: Free 24/7 News All rights reserved. Yaser Said loved his daughters. The search for Said was coordinated by the FBI's Dallas Violent Crimes Task Force, which is comprised of FBI special agents and officers from the Carrollton, Dallas, Texas Department of Public Safety, Garland, Grand Prairie and Irving Police Departments. university Yaser Said was a fugitive for 12 years after his daughters were found shot to death in his cab. Sandeela Kanwal Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Yaser Said Family Members Charged With Concealing '10 Most Wanted Said disappeared and had not been seen for 12 years until his arrest in Justin by the FBI in August 2020. Yaser Said will not be eligible for parole. WFAA obtained letters Said wrote while in jail to Dallas District Judge Chika Anyiam. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, It was supported by a 2014 documentary called The Price of Honor, which fed rumors that Said murdered his daughters because he had outdated ideas that they should be sentenced to death for bringing dishonor to the family. Honor killing in the United States - Wikipedia At the time, he was one of the FBI's 10 Most Wanted . 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. As CrimeOnline previously reported, FBI agents arrested Yaser Abdel Said, 63, without incident in Justin, Texas, on Wednesday, according to an FBI statement. Inside the Honor Killing of Amina Said - Business Insider Legal Statement. While Child Protective Services investigated, he was never charged in that case. He was arrested in August 2020 in Justin, just north of Fort Worth. The girls, who were both students at Lewisville High School, were reportedly shot multiple times by their father. 13. On Christmas Day of 2007 four days after Amina penned the letter Patricia Owens, her daughters and the girls boyfriends fled Texas and rented a place in Oklahoma. Texas trial begins for man accused of killing 2 teenage daughters Shes screaming out of the grave, Black said.

The Sinclair Chicago Shooting, Articles Y